The Ministerial Programme is a unique forum for the world’s most influential telecommunications leaders to unite and discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the mobile sector. Since launching in 2006 as a half-day Government Mobile Forum, the Ministerial Programme’s popularity and scope have grown each year. In 2017, the Programme welcomed record numbers with nearly 1,700 attendees, including 166 delegations representing 137 countries and 29 international organisations. 60 ministers, 78 regulatory authority heads and more than 150 CEOs were in attendance.
In 2017, invitations were open to:
- National telecommunications, finance and health ministries;
- Telecommunications regulatory authorities and central banks;
- Senior representatives from selected international organisations and intergovernmental bodies; and
- C-level and senior regulatory representatives from the mobile industry, including network operators and vendors.
The 2017 Ministerial Programme featured:
- An intensive three-day agenda designed for government and industry leaders to exchange views on the state of the mobile industry and the policies and initiatives that can maximise value for citizens in our digital age.
- A full day centred on regulatory hot-button issues as well as policy drivers to advance the digital economy and society.
- Calls to action on how mobile technology can help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Regional focus sessions that delved into pertinent issues in the Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
- Impact analysis addressing how mobile is currently affecting other industries including healthcare and agriculture.
- Senior roundtable and bilateral meetings to facilitate dialogue between governments, the GSMA and other representatives from the mobile industry.
- Extensive networking opportunities including cocktail receptions.
- The Government Leadership Award which recognises the government that has demonstrated world-class leadership in telecommunications regulatory policy and practice in the previous year.
In 2018, the Ministerial Programme will return to Fira Gran Via, Barcelona from 26 February – 1 March. Invitations will be sent in September 2017. To register your interest, please submit an enquiry and a team member will contact you shortly.