The Ministerial Programme is a unique forum for the world’s most influential telecommunications leaders to unite and discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the mobile sector. Since launching in 2006 as a half-day Government Mobile Forum, the Ministerial Programme’s popularity and scope have grown each year. In 2016, the Programme welcomed record numbers with nearly 1,500 attendees, including 168 delegations representing 137 countries and 31 international organisations.
In 2017, attendance is open to:
- National telecommunications, finance and health ministries;
- Telecommunications regulatory authorities and central banks;
- Senior representatives from selected international organisations and intergovernmental bodies; and
- C-level and senior regulatory representatives from the mobile industry, including network operators and vendors.
The 2017 Ministerial Programme features:
- An intensive three-day agenda designed for government and industry leaders to exchange views on the state of the mobile industry and the policies and initiatives that can maximise value for citizens in our digital age.
- A full day centred on regulatory hot-button issues as well as policy drivers to advance the digital economy and society.
- Calls to action on how mobile technology can help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Regional focus sessions that will delve into pertinent issues in the Asia Pacific, Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Middle East and North Africa.
- Impact analysis addressing how mobile is currently affecting other industries including healthcare and agriculture.
- Senior roundtable and bilateral meetings to facilitate dialogue between governments, the GSMA and other representatives from the mobile industry.
- Extensive networking opportunities including a cocktail reception.
- The Government Leadership Award which recognises the government that has demonstrated world-class leadership in telecommunications regulatory policy and practice in the previous year.
The Ministerial Programme is an invitation only event targeted at senior government and industry representatives. If you have not yet received an invitation but fit the criteria above, please contact us to express your interest in attending.